Sometimes when you are in the middle of someting and suddenly your computer hangs or freezes. You are left with no other option than to restart your computer directly. But the only problem is, you have not saved your work! Don’t panic! There is a solution for that! And you can surely save your file! Here’s how:
First keep on pressing “Num Lock” key until your is back to normal state. This releases the processor from any busy process. If this doesn’t work then follow the below ten tips to bring you computer back to normal state when it is struck.
1. Click on “ctrl-alt-delete” keys. The windows task manager will then open, click on all programs that you don’t need and end the task. You will see that all programs on your taskbar will close one by one. If this will resolve the issue! – then save!
(tip# 1: if you’re working on an MS Office application, it will automatically save your file in case the programs suddenly shut down —
tip# 2: always save your file at least every 2 minutes by just simply clicking on the “diskette icon”— its just one click!)
2. If it did not resolve the issue, are there some users logged on that computer? If so, go to switch user (for XP) and log off that user, go back to your log on screen and log on again. The reason the computer hang up is because if there are many open programs and applications, these retains in the memory, if it is too much for the memory to handle, it freezes! Another reason too the computer hang up is because if you are connected to the internet via dial up, and you are running too many applications and opening many websites. So I suggest, if you are multimedia user or a heavy internet user, then you are better off with a higher memory, at least 512Mb of memory. There are simple ways to avoid computer to freeze or hang up:
3. Clean your history at least once a week >tools>internet options>clear history. I normally set my history to “0”, meaning, when I restart my computer, it doesn’t save history pages that I have visited
4. Delete all internet temporary files >tools>internet options>delete files (do the “offline” content too!)
5. Delete cookies (some do not do this, but I do delete cookies at least once a week!) >tools>internet options>delete cookies
6. Remove unnecessary programs that you no longer use they are just occupying space and memory! >control panel>add/remove programs
7. Do defragmentation at least once a week >point the mouse to “start” button, then right click “explore”>right click the mouse pointing to drive C (which is usually the main system logical drive) >properties>tools>defragment now
8. You can also check the logical drive’s volume for errors >point the mouse to “start” button, then right click “explore”>right click the mouse pointing to drive C (I repeat, is usually the main system logical drive) >properties>tools>check now
9. It is better to have only one user being logged on. Even if there are many users, make sure the user logs off after using the computer, rather than keeping it logged on and you do the switching of users. Switching users is good as long as you don’t keep all users logged on—I think that is more logical
10. Always shut down properly the computer (do NOT use the power button when turning it off!
Tuesday, 30 May 2017
10 Simple Tips To Bring Computer To Normal State When It Freezes Or Hangs
After refreshing our Spirit man with an overwhelming single; Sunar Yesu (Name of Jesus), Adi Eze is here again with a brand new single ti...
Everywhere Song Art Download Everywhere Mp3 The Sunar Yesu crooner is yet out with another single birthed from a message preached ...
ADI EZE a young, vibrant and anointed music minister, lifting up the banner of worship in this generation. He currently works in Riems st...
Designers have their own language. There are words that only we understand. Sometimes we don’t really know their exact definitions; we sim...
Ephraem is an alternative artist, message driven, singer, song writer and producer. He is out with his debut project "BLackTruthEP&...
OG9 ENT: Words in Pen: Domestic violence on Men( Experiences of Men as Victims of Domestic violence). written by Faith Hauwa Adama... A publication of I Am Best MagazineDomestic violence on Men I remember the first time I was involved in a group discussion about domestic violence amon...
Start off your collection with these five essential design books. Heading off to uni this year, and looking for recommendations for...
In this tutorial, we are going to recreate logo of an upcoming movie, Justice League . In the movie, the logo was probably made using ...
You can have the best sales piece in the world, but if it’s missing one critical ingredient, you could see virtually no response to it. We...